What is Sales Outsourcing? Top 15 Sales Outsourcing Companies in 2023
Updated on 27th February, 2023.
Your in-house salespeople are the best; they know your product better than anybody else. We get it! However, as your business grows, scaling your team proportionally can be a challenge, especially for startups whose founders and initial employees handle sales. If your sales team can’t keep up with your growth, you may experience a bottleneck situation. That’s where sales outsourcing can help.
While sales outsourcing was once frowned upon due to concerns about accountability and oversight, an increasing number of businesses struggle to balance their desire for growth with the lack of bandwidth to handle the volume of new leads that pour in while they are not yet ready to have a full-scale sales team in-house. As a result, certain sales tasks are regularly outsourced to different companies.
Even sales software can now handle 4-5 tasks that were previously juggled between sales reps, freeing them to focus more on closing and less on routine maintenance and mundane tasks. Sales outsourcing agencies and tools can help you scale many of your sales operations and keep your growth trajectory consistent.
In this article, we cover:
- What is sales outsourcing
- When should you consider sales outsourcing
- Pros and cons of outsourcing sales
- Sales outsourcing software and agencies to consider
What is Sales Outsourcing?
Sales outsourcing is the process of delegating a part of your sales process to a third party or agency.
Outsourcing sales could include market research, lead generation or even routine sales tasks like outbound calling or handling inbound calls. You can also outsource most of the sales process to an external agency.
Who Needs Sales Outsourcing?
Sales outsourcing is usually considered by businesses that lack adequate resources like manpower or time to expand their sales process. Let’s face it, salespeople would spend less time on sales without proper tools.
A typical salesperson spends most of his time updating excel sheets and status, traveling to meetings, filling out timesheets, and more. In fact, sales reps spend only 30% of their time selling.
Sales outsourcing helps salespeople focus more on selling. Outsourcing sales can help increase flexibility and allows sales teams to focus on higher-level tactical tasks or strategies.
5 Reasons to Consider Sales Outsourcing
Sales outsourcing is not for all businesses. Some scenarios which can prompt you to consider outsourcing sales include:
- Small team: You have a small sales team that is simply unable to handle the volume of leads generated
- New markets: You are a growing startup that is looking to scale across new geographies or markets, but lack good sales resources/talent.
- Budget constraints: You don’t have the budget to hire top sales talent
- Lack of resources: Lack of expertise in your sales team to handle certain sales functions
- Manual task overload: Your sales team is caught up with administrative tasks, that leave very less time for selling.
Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Sales
Sales Outsourcing: Automation as an Ally
On a day-to-day basis, your sales team focuses on repetitive tasks and documentation which gives them fewer work hours to focus on core sales activities. Sales automation makes sales teams more productive by automating grunt work like scheduling meetings, updating lead databases, and setting reminders. Sales automation software also helps salespeople make sense of data and get intelligent suggestions about leads that can help save time and close deals faster.
5 Tips to Keep in Mind Before You Outsource Sales
Before you set out to outsource a big chunk of your sales process, evaluate your requirements.
- Identify business reason: Can this be done in-house or automated, or does it need to be outsourced?
- Define the objective and metrics: What do you aim to achieve by outsourcing or automating this function – Is it to grow your user base, enter a new market, or improve the lifetime value of customers?
- List down your scope: List down the markets you want to cover, what you need to outsource exactly and how an outsourcing agency or a tool comes into play.
- Inform all teams: Ensure there is internal alignment between your sales and marketing teams before you proceed with selecting a sales outsourcing agency or software – decide KPIs, roles, and responsibilities of your existing sales and marketing teams, and make sure everyone is working towards a common goal
- Choose between automated or manual sales outsourcing: Once you have identified the scope of your sales outsourcing program, decide if you want to outsource sales to a manual agency or deploy a sales outsourcing software in your company that automates crucial sales functions, and helps generate leads.
Top 15 Sales Outsourcing Software and Companies
Below are some of the best software and companies you can consider for outsourcing sales.
Starting with our product first, Salespanel is a lead generation and sales intelligence software that helps you identify, track and qualify your leads. You can outsource or automate sales tasks like:
- Tracking sales emails
- Automatically gathering sales intelligence and data from the marketing team
- Qualifying leads
- Knowing purchase intent of leads in the pipeline
Salespanel offers an array of features that help your sales team become more productive, qualify more leads, and add close more deals. With Salespanel, you can perform different activities across different stages of the sales funnel:
- Lead generation: Generate new leads and fill the sales pipeline with fresh new leads. Set up real-time alerts and create a workflow to send qualified leads to your CRM.
- Lead tracking: Track your leads in real-time as they move through your funnel using behavioral data and marketing automation campaigns.
- Lead data: Collect lead data without effort as Salespanel automatically tracks publicly available lead information such as past work experience of the lead, lead’s Twitter account, and company details.
- Lead scoring: Most often, salespeople are not sure about which leads to focus their energy on. With Salespanel, you can score and prioritize your hottest leads and empower your sales team with prospects that are sales-ready.
- Sales lead injections: Save your salespeople the gruntwork. Salespanel automatically fills your sales pipeline with qualified leads and their data.
Belkins is a sales outsourcing company that specializes in lead generation. The agency works closely with clients to generate high-quality customers, using data, technology, and skilled professionals to drive revenue. The company’s primary solution is its Appointment Setting service, which schedules appointments between clients and prospects who match their target customer profile. Additionally, for businesses focused on inbound marketing, Belkins provides solutions to convert inbound leads into sales. Belkins has over 790 customers worldwide and has built a reputation for delivering high-quality results for businesses of all sizes.
Zapier is a workflow automation software that helps salespeople automate sales tasks. With Zapier, salespeople can:
- Build a Master Contact Database
- Cultivate leads with webinars and drip campaigns
- Send personalized emails
- Create forms and collect submission information
- Schedule meetings
4. Martal Group
According to a report by NNC services, outsourcing sales functions like lead-generation can bring up to 43% better results than an in-house team. Martal group specializes in generating B2B leads for tech companies.
They take on sales functions such as:
- Lead generation
- Personalized outreach
- Account management
- Customer onboarding
CloudTask is a B2B Lead Generation company that focuses on SaaS companies. It focuses on driving revenue growth through its large team of sales development professionals. CloudTask’s model includes managing and recruiting their own skilled team to do the following sales outsourcing tasks for you:
- Engage with new prospects
- Re-engage with cold leads
- Help run upsell and renewal campaigns for existing customers
Cience is an agency that specializes in outbound sales prospecting. Cience uses a combination of a skilled SDR team and proprietary software to increase sales efficiency for your business.
Areas where you can employ help from Cience include:
- Outbound sales prospecting
- Creating ideal customer profiles
- Campaign strategy
- Market research
SalesRoads, like Belkins, is an appointment setting and lead generation service from the USA. The company provides its clients with success managers, SDRs, talent development managers, and data experts, essentially allowing businesses to deploy a sales team without incurring in-house expenses. In addition to appointment setting and lead generation, SalesRoads offers ABM data, list building services, and intent data. With over 15 years of experience, SalesRoads has a team of experienced sales professionals skilled in cold calling, email marketing, and other sales techniques to generate leads and conversions. They work closely with their clients to understand their unique needs and goals, using advanced analytics to measure and optimize campaigns for maximum ROI. SalesRoads has over 500 clients and is a great fit for growing businesses.
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value.
- Visitor intelligence
- Real-time personalization
- Target account engagement
- AI Chatbot
Zoominfo is a B2B sales intelligence tool with a comprehensive contact database that can help your sales and business development teams work with better lead data.
Zoominfo provides lead intelligence such as:
- Direct dial phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Background information
Operatix is an agency founded in 2012 that specializes in accelerating growth and increasing revenue for B2B software companies across North America and Europe.
Operatix caters to the tech industry as well as a multitude of emerging software vendors and startups.
Some of the core B2B sales outsourcing tasks that Operatix handles includes:
- Outbound sales development
- Cold prospecting
- Account-based selling
- Lead qualification
- Deal management
Callbox is a B2B lead generation and sales support services agency. It provides sales opportunities to clients in the US, Canada, Australia, Singapore. It caters to industries like IT and Software, Manufacturing, Management Consulting, Healthcare, Finance, and Advertising.
Callbox helps find the best quality leads and sales appointments with the greatest chance of becoming profitable customers.
Smith.ai helps your sales team capture and screen callers, book appointments, and log details instantly in your CRM and on your calendar. Smith.ai uses a combination of AI and a sales team for handling activities like:
- 24/7 Phone Answering
- Free Spam Blocking
- Outbound Call-Backs
- Sales Development
- 24/7 website chat
SalesAR is a B2B lead generation agency from the Ukraine. While based in Kviv, the agency has employees from Germany, UK, and the USA. SalesAR boasts of a clientbase of over 150 and over 80% of their clients have longterm contracts. This proves that the agency is successfully completing client operations and is retaining its customers. The company employs a three step process where they find leads who match your ICP, run campaigns to them, and then pass them to you when an appointment is booked. One of the biggest advantage with this agency is that it, unlike many others in the segment, offer monthly contracts. This makes it easier for smaller businesses and those that are trying to get started with sales outsourcing.
For those of you who have customers active on LinkedIn, this agency is for you! Cleverly is a LinkedIn focused lead generation and content agency. The agency also helps its clients with inbound marketing activities like google ads and organic content marketing. The agency sends highly personalized messages to your potential customers and brings the conversations directly to your inbox. The LinkedIn lead generation process with Cleverly is a four-stepped process where the agency builds a target audience list on LinkedIn, executes the outreach, and then passes you the leads to take over as soon as someone replies. With a clientele including the likes of Paypal, Uber, Amazon, and Google, Cleverly has become one of the biggest agencies to consider when it comes to LinkedIn outreach.
MarketStar is a sales outsourcing company that provides inside sales, channel sales, digital ad sales, and customer care solutions to businesses across industries. The agency works globally and has offices across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. With over 35 years of active operation, the company is one of the oldest in this segment and serves Enterprises and Medium-Sized businesses. This agency is a good fit for businesses that are looking at developing a revenue growth and expansion program. Small businesses, however, should look into other agencies shared in this list.
Final Take: To Outsource or Not To Outsource, That is the Question
There could be many reasons for you to pass over the baton to a sales outsourcing agency or sales software to take on parts of your sales functions.
It definitely comes with certain benefits over traditional in-house sales models:
- Time-saving processes
- Repeatable success in the sales functions they offer
- Advanced reporting and analysis
- Better ROI
So do consider all these factors before taking a crucial decision to outsource sales. Tools are always something that you will need but you need to spend more time before going with an agency.
Sell more, understand your customers’ journey for free!
Sales and Marketing teams spend millions of dollars to bring visitors to your website. But do you track your customer’s journey? Do you know who buys and why?
Around 8% of your website traffic will sign up on your lead forms. What happens to the other 92% of your traffic? Can you identify your visiting accounts? Can you engage and retarget your qualified visitors even if they are not identified?